Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Well, I see a few people have made their way here. (Waves at Karenee). It's been one of those foggy weeks, so I don't have too much to say. I'm skipping bible study this morning. I have not been feeling well. I've been having low grade fevers again. I went to bed at 8 sunday night and slept until 6:30am. Then took a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. I was sitting on the couch writing, and the next thing I know thirty minutes have passed and I have a crick in my neck. So I went to bed since the twins were napping. I only got up because I had to go to the bus stop. Finally around dinner time I thought to take my temp. What's annoying is that it isn't really high enough to be a real fever, but just enough to make me miserable. I usually have a low body temp, so anything over 98.6 makes me miserable, moody, and gloomy. I took some ibuprofen and it helped a little. I probably need to take some more this morning. I'm feeling excessively tired and foggy.


I had a really bad day on Friday. Thursday night splitcat informed me that he needed me to stay for the homecoming dance on Saturday to help out. I had only been planning to help out before hand then go home. I am currently wardrobe challenged since I gained some weight after the twins were born. I knew I didn't need to dress up, but I did want to look nice since I hadn't met anyone at his school yet. So I looked at 2 malls and found absolutely nothing that fit. Plus at the 2nd mall the children were a little hyper. It is extremely frustrating to try on clothes and have nothing fit, even something as simple as a shirt even though it is in your size. Apparently designers think that all women have a size 2 waist with a 36DD chest and toothpicks for arms and legs. Looking back, I probably had a fever and didn't know it which only contributed to my feeling like crap. So on Saturday I took the kids to walmart and found a shirt that might match one of my skirts for $13.82. And lo and behold, it fit. So I managed to look halfway decent.

The dance went well. But left me even more tired than I already was since I was in charge of keeping the ice and punch filled and watching the food to refill it if needed. I ran around alot. I saw way more teenage cleavage than I ever wanted to. I really wondered how these girls mothers let them out of the house. My mother wouldn't have. The guys all looked nice in their suits. I only saw one dress that was longer than knee length, most were mid thigh. I think I was in college before I wore anything that short. Actually, here's me in the shortest skirt I've ever worn.
This was winter 95-my sophomore year. And the smallest I've ever been. I was so excited because I fit in my roommates skirt, which was a size 6 or 8. It wasn't quite so short on her. This is one of my favorite college memories. We were on our way to a "coffee house" in the cafeteria. I think I was going for the "beatnik" look since it was a coffee house. I drank way to much coffee. My roommate went to bed and I wandered around campus with our friend Scott. He was in love with my roommate. Since it was after 11 we actually had to sneak around campus. Which made it more fun. I remember walking under the naked trees on the front lawn and looking up into the branches which were eerily lit and pretending I was trapped in Tolkien's forest(the one with the spiders(I can't remember the name)). I was pretty high on caffeine. Scott was a cool guy, we had a lot of fun talking about totally random things. I think he was probably hanging out with me because he wanted to know if my roommate liked him(she didn't know-they never did get together). I used to be fun to be around. Especially when I'd had too much caffeine. I would talk about really odd and goofy subjects. I think that is part of me I am trying to find again. The fun me. The me that likes to wear my pink and black converse high tops with striped knee-hi socks in green, orange, yellow and purple. Okay, so that's what I wore to the mall on Friday with a denim skirt and orange shirt. So I haven't totally lost my goofy side. It tends to come out in my clothing choices. These are the shoes I want now. And these. And these. And these. Not your traditional footwear choices for a mother of four. But I really love boots that lace up. I have this weird thing though, where I don't like lace up boots to have zippers. which is why i really like that last pair of boots. So now that I'm treading totally shallow water, and my coffee seems to have kicked in, I need to get some house work done. Even though I'd rather look at shoes.
Tune in next time when I might be discussing Conflict.

2 comments:

Shanilie said...

Hi! I came across your blog randomly today and really enjoyed it! It is so fun meeting other Christian moms online. Please feel free to pop by my blog some time.

Karenee said...

Aaaah! Pair three is totally awesome! I mean, I'd wear the last pair too, but...those cutouts... I think I actually teared up they were so pretty, and I was kinda surprised to see such neat boots, because...who knows why... Maybe I'm too tired too. Hmmm... Gotta love art even if it's shoes. LOL Now I have to send that link to my cousin, who likes random stuff like that.