Monday, December 10, 2007

Here is my tablecloth skirt. I used a Shabby Chic tablecloth from Target. It is a very light-weight and kinda see through cotton, so I have worn it with both a traditional slip and a cotton "petticoat" that peeks out beneath the hem(and I could undo the buttons to show the slip). This is definitely summer wear. I found it in one of my linen storage boxes. Right where it should be :).

I didn't realize that this didn't turn out till I'd loaded it, but if you look closely you can see the ruffled edge. There is also some eyelet lace. This is the true edge of the tablecloth. And yes, those are real buttonholes. I used to make faux plackets and sew the buttons straight on, or put snaps under them Then I got a new sewing machine that does buttonholes.
As soon as I put the skirt on my bed, Kitty thought it looked like a great place to nap. You can see the fabric better here.
With all this talk about skirts, I looked in my closet and discovered that I own 4 pairs of pants. One is jeans, one is a pair of mens dress slacks, one I only wear around the house, and the last is acutally knickers(I love knickers). I was a little shocked. I think I thought I wore pants more because I usually wear men's flannel pj bottoms around the house(with a shirt of course).

1 comment:

Karenee said...

Definitely, the tablecloth is/was a pretty one. And it's a pretty kitty too.

I live in jeans. I like skirts, but I also like curling up in chairs and sitting on the floor with my legs crossed. It's rather immodest to sit those ways in skirts, usually... so... there 'tis. Besides, jeans can take terrible abuse and can be worn three days in a row with noone the wiser.