Friday, November 16, 2007

Foolishness

Sometimes when the Lord is dealing with a particular issue in our life, and really opens our eyes to see, we feel really foolish/stupid/dumb/embarrassed that we allowed ourselves to let that issue go unchecked in our life.

It would be so easy to allow those feelings to trap us in a cycle of despair, wailing "woe is me." The hard part I have found is not in facing/seeing the issue--it's letting it go peacefully.

Because the Lord doesn't show us these things to make us feel bad about ourselves, but because He wants to bring us peace. He wants to draw us closer to Him. Which is incredibly humbling.

I wonder why I hold onto some things as if my life depended on it, when my life really depends on letting it go. In some cases I know why. It is because it is the last pieces of me that I don't share with anyone else. I know it is finally time to let those pieces go, but it feels as though my heart is being ripped out. Which is really a good thing, because every piece that the Lord removes, He replaces with more of Him.


Christ Is My Hope

You can say the word.
Unworthy though I am,
o bread of life,
o bread of life,
I will be healed and come.

Hold me in your arms,
bridegroom of my soul,
o bread of life,
o bread of life,
I will be healed and come.

Christ, Christ is my hope.
Christ, Christ is my light.
Christ, Christ is my hope.
Christ, Christ is my light,
o my light.

I have been afraid
but I’m on the way to this table.
O bread of life,
o bread of life,
I will be healed and come.-

--Karen Peris
the innocence mission
from the album Christ is My Hope

1 comment:

Karenee said...

I so love knowing God works in everyone this way. I just found a letter from my Mom, written a few years ago, about this topic. I'll have to type it out and post it, because it's so good. (Hmm... maybe I should get Mom to write a devotion book...)

Anyhow, happy Thanksgiving! We have such a great God to be thankful for.